Talsona strives to be the most trusted and transparent place for today’s candidate to search for jobs and research companies. We follow these simple principles and guidelines to ensure the most authentic, transparent, and valuable information is available to job seekers while balancing fairness to employers.
- We never edit or alter content submitted on our site, no matter how minor.
- We never suppress, filter, or delete content simply because it is negative/lower-rated, or positive/higher-rated.
- We apply the same standard of review for all content (whether or not the content concerns an employer client of Talsona).
- We use technology filters & algorithms to detect fraud and gaming, and require email verification or a valid Facebook account for all members submitting content.
- We have a team of human moderators who review each piece of content to determine if it meets our guidelines. If we have sufficient reason to believe a piece of content is bogus, we will remove it.
- We stay neutral in all cases of dispute and do not act as the finder of fact.
- We remove content if we have evidence that members were incentivized to leave the content.
- We believe in the principle of anonymity — everyone has a right to voice their opinion or be heard without fearing retribution or other unwanted attention.
- We believe each employer has the right to respond for free to a review left by a member.
Please note that Talsona uses the term ‘content’ to describe reviews, interview reviews, photos, awards, salaries and other user-submitted content.
Millions of job seekers rely on Talsona’s reviews and other user-submitted content to find jobs and companies they love. Please follow these guidelines to ensure everyone can benefit from a helpful, balanced, and authentic community.
- Tell it like it is… for real— We approve reviews and interview details that offer insights that can only come from an employee or job candidate who’s been there within the past five years. Please only submit one company review or interview review per employer per year.
- Stay balanced— We believe there’s something positive about every workplace, and that even the companies considered Best Places to Work have something they can improve upon. So, we invite you to think about work from a few perspectives and include both a pro and a con to provide a balanced review.
- Take the high road— We encourage a healthy and constructive discussion about the workplace. We don’t accept reviews that include malicious personal attacks (by name, title, or association).
We do allow comments about individuals who represent the public face of the company if they have great influence over the broad work environment (CEO, C-Suite, President, Owner, etc.) and the comments are related to their behavior in the work environment. We believe this information is generally representative of the company and informative to job seekers. (Franchise Owners, Vice- Presidents, and others are not considered a part of this group.)
- Stay calm— We realize talking about work can get some people wound up, but we don’t approve reviews that include certain profanities, or any obscenities, aggressive, or discriminatory language that we consider unacceptable for our community. We will reject reviews that include accusations of criminal activity or threats of violence. (General discussions of workplace misconduct are allowed.)
- Help others— Talsona is about sharing information that helps the entire community. We reject reviews that do not relate to an employer, are too specific to your personal situation, are off-topic, or are otherwise not useful or meaningful to our community. We will reject any content meant as an advertisement or containing a web link.
- Be authentic— All reviews should be original – no substantial quoted material from other sources, including (but not limited to) websites, e-mail correspondence, other reviews, etc.
- Keep your secrets— There is a difference between providing insight and insider information. Do not submit reviews that reveal trade secrets or other confidential, internal company information. To safeguard privacy, we do not allow you to identify yourself or include any contact information (about yourself or others) in your posts.
- Remember your grammar— Your writing doesn’t have to be perfect, but we expect you to make an effort. Please do not use excessive capitalization or punctuation, poor grammar and/or spelling, improper formatting, nonsense words, repeated words, or filler characters.
- A picture is worth a thousand words— A great photo can tell a job seeker a lot about the workplace. We welcome photos of building interiors and exteriors, company events, and interesting items showcasing the culture and the work environment.
- Please donot post:
- photos of marketing material, logos, or websites
- portraits of individuals
- photos of patients in a healthcare setting
- photos that document workplace violations or disclose confidential information
- photos not relevant to the employment setting
Photos & Awards Guidelines
Photo captions must also be considered appropriate in accordance with our Reviews Guidelines.
- Showcase your employer & CEO awards— We encourage you to post awards and accolades received by your employer or CEO within the past seven years that relate to the employer. Product specific awards are also welcome when they represent the primary business of the company.
Employer Response guidelines
Employer responses are also moderated using the Reviews & Interview Reviews Guidelines, with the exception that we do allow employers to include their contact information. When responding, we specifically ask employers to:
- Be courteous and professional.
- Do not include links to websites or surveys.
- Do not include the name of the individual you believe wrote the review.
Please note that Talsona moderates employer responses after they have posted. Therefore, if the response does not meet the guidelines, it may be shown for a short time before we pull it down.
We love it when companies encourage their employees and job candidates to share honest reviews on Talsona, but please do not offer incentives in exchange for reviews. We will remove reviews where we have evidence that employees were compensated to leave reviews.
If you see something on Talsona that you believe violates our guidelines, you should flag it for our review. We will reply via email with our decision; we do not accept or return phone calls. Please keep in mind that flagging a piece of content for a second look does not guarantee that it will be removed from the site. Because of the diversity of our community, it’s possible that something could be disagreeable or disturbing to you without meeting the criteria for being removed or blocked.
We ask our members to understand that we apply the same standard of review for all content (whether or not the content concerns an employer client of Talsona). Ultimately, content decisions are within our sole discretion and we do not negotiate about our application of a guideline to our final decision as to whether or not a piece of content warrants removal.